Monday, December 3, 2012

Moisturizing Monday: A Review on Skin Care Products

I don't know about any of you, but I have the hardest time finding a moisturizer for my skin. For the longest, I was of the opinion that I didn't need one. My face was oily enough as it is without rubbing something on my face that was going to make it even moreso.

Oh, was I wrong.

I've had two lovely babies in the last two years, and aside from what pregnancy does to the torso, it does wonderful and terrible things to the skin as well. I had flawless skin when I was pregnant (thank you, hormones), but while my skin looked wonderful, it felt like sandpaper. Oily sandpaper. No matter how hard I scrubbed my face or wore a mask, I just couldn't get that silky skin feeling back.

Once I started doing some research, I realized that the only option I had was a good moisturizer. And so the search was on.

Let me tell you...it sucked. I did research, watched countless videos on youtube, read a thousand blogs, and I just couldn't find a moisturizer that fit me. (Granted, I did go cheap. Probably should have started around the mid-grade stuff, but hey, it's a learning experience.)

Then I came across this:

I am kind of 'eh' on Clean and Clear, first of all. Not that they aren't a great company, but their products just didn't do it for my acne-prone skin in highschool. Thus, I have a slight hatred aversion to their products. But, it was a great price, so I tried it.


Holy crap! Where'd my thumb go? I have stubby freak fingers here.
If I didn't have a scaly dragon face, I'm am pretty sure this product would have worked for me. When I used it, it didn't leave me feeling bogged down with product. It's light, airy, and leaves a slight tingle to the skin that is very refreshing. All in all, I'd say this is a great product for someone who doesn't need the insane moisturizing that I seem to need.

I stayed with the Clean and Clear for a couple of weeks, but after watching a vlog on RoC skin care, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a more expensive moisturizer in hopes that it could work miracles. This is the one I got:

Deep wrinkle, you say? Oh, yes, because my husband so jokingly pointed out that I had a wrinkle on my forehead from squinching (yes, I just made up a word. Feel free to use it as you wish) when I read. I didn't believe him, but when I looked in the mirror a while later, I realized he was right! He has no idea what he has done....

Anyway. Aside from the deep wrinkle, I chose this particular formula because it came with a free eye cream. The results? Magic. Like unicorns and enchanted wardrobes. This moisturizer completely transformed my skin in a week. Scaly dry skin is gone, and it is replaced by soft skin. I don't think I will ever use anything else. RoC just got themselves a new customer.

The only thing bad I have to say about this product is it is a bit pricey. A little over $20 for the tube which I know is expensive for a lot of people (including me. ESPECIALLY me.) But I am now a firm believer in saving up for good skincare products. This tube will last me for a while, and it came with a second product, which makes me feel just a tad bit better about buying it.



 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment