Sunday, December 2, 2012

Foundation Review: L'Oreal's True Match Super Blendable Makeup

First, I would like to welcome you to the new and improved blog! I know it's kind of inconvenient switching like this, but I wanted everything to do with the blog on one account so I could properly manage. If you are a new subscriber, then welcome! Thanks for dropping by.

Now, onto the review!

I was wandering around Wallgreens the other day, and I decided to try out this foundation since the one I was using just wasn't cutting it. I get paler in the winter (is it even possible? I'm marshmallow colored as it is), and my Rimmel made me look like an Oompa Loompa. Bah. So, of course, I have to get the palest color they have (see below). Only ghosts and vampires have paler skin.

And fairy princesses. Because if you are immortal and sparkle, you are a fairy princess. I know because I have played one before.
Where was I? Oh, yes. The foundation. I am always wary for trying a new foundation because I cannot afford the fancy ones in department stores. Having babies limits my budget on certain things, so I have to guess as to which one will look best. The 'oh my god, are you for real?!' pale, or the 'they don't even make that shade' white. Seriously. Most new foundations I try make me look orange because, as I found out from L'Oreal, I'm a cool tone. Apparently every single foundation I have ever put on my face is a warm tone.

Go figure.

I was so afraid that it wasn't going to smooth right, or it wasn't going to cover my giganic pores (yes, I have them. On my nose. It's the most horrific thing ever and they just won't go away. Hopefully none of you have to live with these pot holes like I do). I usually try for a total or medium coverage, and this stuff looked really thin in the bottle. I also have oily skin, ridiculously oily, but this said oil free so I decided to trust it.

You know that giddy feeling you get when you buy something new? You just can't wait to get it home and try it out no matter what else is happening? Yeah, that's me. With one toddler hanging on my leg begging me to pick her up, and a small infant expressing her displeasure at not being the center of attention, I dragged my leg (with toddler) down the hallway so I could wash my face and try on this new foundation.

Result? I love it. It is really thin coming out of the bottle, hence blendable in the title, but it covers more than I thought it would, and I don't look like a ghost wearing a spray tan.

Pretty smooth, even with the terrible picture and lighting in the room. It is probably the best foundation I have ever put on my face (and I have put plenty on it). Also, at the $8 price tag, it's a steal for the quality.

Would I buy it again? Oh, yes. It may well be my go-to foundation from this point forward. It is light, doesn't seem to clog my pores, and matches my skintone perfectly. It gets an A in my book.


Grade: A+
Mom-friendly? Yes, price and convenience (I think I spelled that right) in one stop.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment